Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Those Shoes Cost 30,000! Oh, wait 30,000won!

At first I was a little nervous about making purchases in Korea.  I didn't know it could be so easy!  The amount of won something costs is about the same in american dollars when you take away 3 zeros.  If shoes cost 30,000won then the price is about $30.00.  If something has a price of 2,000won then it is about $2.00.  Also, in Korea tax is already included in the price that is listed; therefore, one does not need to take into consideration extra money for tax.  Whatever price you see is the price you pay!  :)  As I said, it is very easy!

Here are some examples of the currency used.  Their money is beautiful!

 10,000won-about $10.00
 1,000won-about $1.00
Front and back of 500won- about $0.50, 100won- about $0.10

2 comments:

  1. When will you be updating your blog? I'm excited to see where else your journey has taken you. Love Ant B. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. See the updates above Aunt B!!! I love that you love reading the blog! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete