Before embarking on this journey my dad and I talked about the potential route. He mentioned that I would probably be flying north and then west. It wasn’t till I was on the plane that I viewed a map of our route. Sure enough my dad was correct in his prediction. I hadn’t thought about the land and water masses I would pass over. All of a sudden I was excited about the plane’s path! We flew north from Chicago, over the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, through Canada, north of Alaska, north of the Bering Sea, over the Arctic Ocean (which I didn’t ever anticipate doing in my lifetime), crossed the International Date Line, went over Siberia, then China, flew west of North Korea (due to it being no-fly zone), and landed safely in South Korea! What a long but thrilling flight!
Enjoying your updates! Missing you! Keep scribbling. We love it!
ReplyDelete