Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our Visit to Gyeongbokgung Palace

On Sunday the group of new missionaries went on a day trip to explore Seoul and visit an ancient palace.  The palace we visited is the largest out of 5 in the city.  The experience was surreal to me and looking at pictures I look like I could have been "Photoshopped" in.  We had a tour guide who led us around to many buildings where meetings took place, as well as to the living quarters.  She told us some of the history of this palace.  The architecture was so intricate and beautiful. Also, we saw a mask and music show and toured a folk museum. We had a very fun time and I enjoyed taking lots of pictures (probably did my dad proud)! Overall, it was a great cultural experience in the country.

 Changing of the Guard Ceremony
 Beautiful mountains in the background


 Can you see the dragons on the ceiling?

 Professional business meetings on the floor...hmmm

 Look at this ceiling!
 The rabbit is the zodiac for my birth year, 1987
 Inside the Folk Museum

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures - really looking forward to my visit in May!

    ReplyDelete