Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Sisters in Korea, A Blast in Busan

My friend and student Anne took Chelsey and I to Busan. Chelsey wanted to see the sea and Anne loves traveling, so she wanted to plan a trip for us. It was very sweet of her and we had an excellent time!

Here is us on the speed train.
 Across the isle from us there was a lady with 2 puppies. I was having "dog withdrawal" as I say it so Anne asked the lady if I could hold the puppy!! It was a highlight of the trip for sure!  
 In preparation for Buddha's Birthday holiday we saw many lanterns hung throughout the city. This was just outside of the train station.



 When we arrived, we headed for the beach to see the East Sea, according to the Koreans.






Adorable doggy!

We found a sinkhole or quicksand like pool, which I stepped in accidentally! Definitely shocked me and got my leg caught up to about my knee! LOL!

A delicious selection of seaweed!





Dinner!!
We definitely had enough food! It was a delicious meal with some of my favorite things. Chelsey got to try one of Korea's popular meats, grilled steak.  I had my fill of veggies :)



My most favorite dessert in Korea! Strawberry Bingsu (strawberries, strawberry gelato, ice flakes, sweet red beans, and condensed milk) 
 

 The jimjilbang where we stayed for the night
 Introducting- sleeping quarters



Relaxing in one of the hot rooms 
 KONGLISH! I like how they word it actually.

 Night sights




 View from a great Indian fusion restaurant
 Yay! Indian food!
 A beautiful cathedral in Busan



 The market area in Busan

 Nice used clothes for under $2.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment