Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Sisters in Korea, Fun in Daejeon

After a long, enjoyable weekend in Seoul, we made it back to Daejeon. Showing her around the city and the school that I work at was a lot of fun. The city is composed of big buildings, traffic, and other other usual city stuff. However, there are also some peaceful areas (actually tons of relaxing areas). We have some great memories exploring! 

One of my students took us to this beautiful area below during my lunch break from work. 

My student and friend, Stella

Here is Stella walking through the wooded area to the lake with the beautiful view.


We had fun making shadow photos and also went out to eat to "Ashley's American Grill," which actually isn't that American.  It is one of my favorite restaurants though and Chel enjoyed it.
We had an experience at a Vietnamese-Japanese Fusion restaurant, called Shabu Hyang. This is also one of my favorite restaurants.  I had to take her to the best places I could recommend!




We visited the Daejeon Dunsan Prehistoric Park.



 During my sister's visit, the city was getting ready for Buddha's Birthday. Check out the lanterns.
 We visited the botanical gardens in the city.












I took her to one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Korea. It definitely has a Korean twist.
Honey on the pizza and chocolate on the pasta--surprisingly really delicious! 

Tiramisu :)

We visited another one of my favorite restaurants. Basically, you get a hot stone bowl filled with rice and some veggies, then you add as much as you want of all these little side dishes. The side dishes are many different kinds of vegetables combining with various sauces and seasonings. I love this meal! Chelsey enjoyed it as well :)

 This drink below is called shikhye or shikeh. It is a traditional Korean rice drink. Amazing!!

 Here below is the jimjilbang experience! The room you see right below is a hot room for relaxing. 

 This is the door into the Ice room. Yes. You read that right.  After sweating in each of the hot rooms you can visit this room to cool down.  It is very cold with ice literally all over.



During her time here we had many wonderful cultural experiences together and spent lots of quality time. I love learning something new every single day in Korea and I feel blessed that my sister and I could share this opportunity.  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful,thanks for sharing your experince once again. Great Photos!!!

    ReplyDelete