Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

This is Usually Savory..Hmmm...

Upon entering a restaurant I said, "Awesome!  This place has garlic bread!!  I've gotta have some of this!"  A little while later I found out that the bread tasted like garlic and butter, but also sweet (this is slightly disappointing when you are expecting salty and the taste of home.)  Every time I have had garlic bread it has had honey or some sort of sugar on it.  It tastes delicious but not quite what I'm looking forward to.

This has occurred with other food as well. Pizza for example. The first time I ordered a vegetable pizza I found out it had corn on it.  Yes.  Corn.  I was open to trying it and thought it was quite delicious. Due to the fiber in corn, I bet it helps with digesting the pizza. I think it's a great idea!

Another interesting experience has been putting honey on pizza.  Yep, not what I was expecting for a dipping sauce either.  I notice honey usually accompanies Gorgonzola cheese pizza.  This pizza doesn't have much sauce on it. I have had this pizza a few times with honey on the side.  The honey was quite tasty and it is growing on me.  I have drawn this conclusion.  Food that is usually salty or savory at home will be slightly sweet in Korea.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting observation my daughter,dont worry when you come home we will throw a good old loaf in the oven for you!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we will have a Loaf of real Garlic toast waiting when you come home.....Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete