Awhile ago I was invited to go hiking up in the mountains! Here are pictures from my experience.
Here are the hiking trails outlined. These are within the National Park.
On the way to the hiking trails we stopped to glance at the Buddhist temples and monuments. It was very interesting to learn about another religion and culture. To see how other people worship and what they value was a great opportunity for me to learn. I am able to understand and respect other beliefs better through experience with them. I can relate to people of this faith better because I have seen a little of what the religion is like.
This is how the ceiling is painted.
These lanterns are in honor of deceased people, those who have problems in their life, or those who have important decisions to make.
Buddha sits in the middle and 2 of his greatest helpers/disciples are on the right and left.
Each one of these crystals in honor of people who have died.
The beautiful paths within the mountains remind me of the woods at home except for no mountains.
The trails were packed with people of all ages. I saw many families hiking together.
This snack that I am eating after our journey consists of rice. It is basically rice on a stick. It's definitely an interesting snack, not much flavor.
After hiking and a snack, we stopped at a gift shop on the way down from the mountain.
Check out the sign below with Konglish
Tour buses bring people from all over to hike in these mountains.
Very nice good job on the pictures and the story line ,helps us to understand where you were.
ReplyDeleteDad