In Korea they have many different kinds of stores: department stores, malls, small convenience stores, the list goes on. They have a few stores that are quite amusing to me. They are similar to Walmart or Meijer at home; however, they cover at least 3 floors. To move from floor to floor you may ask, "How do you take a cart from one floor to another? You surely wouldn't use an elevator." Precisely not! You use an...
ESCALATOR RAMP!!!
The cart has small groves that hook into the ramp. This stabilizes the cart. It's quite an interesting experience!
The stores are set up very much like what I am used to in America. Some things you buy are much more expensive in Korea, while other things are much cheaper. For example, an average size jar of peanut butter costs about 6 dollars. From what I have heard, shopping in these large superstores on Sundays is just not a smart idea. I have found out from experience that it is very crowded!! That is an understatement!
Good PICS.
ReplyDeletevery colorful...interesting dad
ReplyDelete