Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Most Unique Aquarium I've Ever Seen

  The title says it all! Korea has some creative ideas I've never thought of. I have mixed views on what I saw. The aquarium in Seoul is quite unique.  You will see why. It starts out with fish tanks similar to that of American aquariums. It wasn't until I walked further through the exhibits that I experienced something new.





Look closely at the pictures! Yes. The fish are inside a little tank in drink machines. Oh, and, yes, that is The Little Mermaid in case you were wondering!


Wasn't expecting the next few sites either. They had an exhibit showing the interior of a house.  I was definitely taken by surprise to see a LIVING fish in a toilet bowl. I questioned, "Why is that fish in a toilet?" This makes me think of many sad stories of what takes place at a fish's death. :(  
For real, there are fish in a fish-shaped sink with water running! "What is going on here?" you may say. Like I said, not what I would expect to see at an aquarium.
 "Fish are friends, not food." At least these little guys are not for food!
Hard to see, but there are fish inside this washer. I am a bit concerned about the fish in this environment. 
We left the house exhibit and enter more, "natural" exhibits.  We saw many beautiful species native to many parts of the world.
 I just had to share this sign! I thought it was hilarious! Fish are not for petting.



 Schools of fish above my head




After we experienced many ocean animals in a semi natural environment, we visited the penguins.  This was at the end of the aquarium path. The penguins live in quite the habitat! They can even enjoy some TV shows when they are tired of "people watching."

As I said, it was a very "unique" experience!

1 comment:

  1. Love it ! Very Nice Job!!!

    Sharp Pics.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete